Hello, is it possible to query Redash usage by user? I’d like to see which dashboards and queries are being ran and by which users.

Thanks!

Hi @allisonfma!

You you have access to Redash database, you can use query like this to get this info:

SELECT user_id, object_id AS "query_id", COUNT(*) AS "count"
FROM events
WHERE object_type = 'query' AND action = 'execute'
GROUP BY user_id, object_id

Hi @levko, is it possible to have this info on hosted by redash as well?

It depends which tier plan you buy. Audit logging is available on the Business Plan.

Ah I see, thanks @jesse. Do you have any screen capture or documentation about this audit logging? I want to know more about it if we consider to upgrade our plan.

The current audit logs are a bit plain – just a chronological list of events happening in your account. But to bridge this gap we are also providing custom (Redash) dashboards with activity on your queries/dashboards.

Hey @arikfr!

Thank you for a great BI tool and these helpful forums. I am trying to access Redash’s DB but the events table on Redash RDS seems empty for me.

All the other tables have data in them except for this events table. I want to track the dashboard usage so would like to use this table. Do you know why this might be happening?

Let me know if I am missing something here. Thank you!