I have a question regarding importing existing queries into Redash.

I am looking to implement Redash so that queries that I create on proprietary software I am using can then be used in Redash. The drill down software makes it easier for users that are not proficient in SQL to quickly create new queries. I want these queries to then be sent to Redash.

I am using a presto server cluster in the backend as my data source and the drill down software is also connected to the presto server cluster as well. I am currently implementing an event listener into the cluster so that the queries from the drill down software are saved in a file.

Is this a possible task? Can I import the queries from a different query engine to Redash? This way the user would only need to create the queries once to view them on both software suites.

Thanks

Hi gallon1,

see here for hints and links on how to export queries.

Best regards,
FvM

Quick question, where is this script implemented? Is it separate from Redash or part of it? Thanks for the information

Hi gallon1,

it is neither part of the github repo nor the latest 5.0 beta distribution. You can retrieve the script code directly from the aforementioned links and copy/paste into files.

E.g. the export script:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/arikfr/598590356c4da18be976/raw/bd1fae78532d98577b8b7fbf5108bbb674383f9f/query_export.py

Best regards,
FvM