V8 Beta: Where are the preset date range options?

Was this implemented as it was supposed to and if so how to use it?

From later in the same thread :slight_smile:

yeah @susodapop I saw in the thread that it should’ve been implemented, but what I’m asking is how to use it? I was trying to find it in our dev environment running 8.0 but couldn’t figure it out. Could you help? :slight_smile:

I understand. Just add a date or date-range parameter to your query. Starting in V8, the date parameter selection widget has a lightning bolt icon. Click it and you can select a dynamic value like “Yesterday” etc.

Which reminds me: we should update the documentation with screenshots of this. I’ll add that to my list :innocent:

ok then I found the feature before. I was just confused because it’s
only showing yesterday as an option and not all of the options
(yesterday, week, two weeks, month, 3 months etc.) which I’m used to
with Grafana.

Sounds like a bug. Would you share a screenshot?

Or could it be because the result was empty?

Version 8.0.0+b30340 (a2745a9e)

You need a Date Range parameter to see the full list of options. In your screenshot, you have two date parameters which form a time-frame (start and end). Replace these with a date-range parameter.

Okay that seems to have fixed it! Thank you :slight_smile: Is it possible to add more options by ourselves or does it have to be in code? @susodapop

Would like at least:

• Last 14 days
  • Last 30 days
  • Last 90 days
  • Last 365 days

It doesn’t support user defined date ranges yet. If you need that you can use a query based drop down list parameter pointed at a query that you write yourself.