Hi,
Do Redash Query Refresh occur every 1 hour (if set to 1 hour) on the hour such as 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., etc. or do they occur every 1 hour after the refresh was set. For example, if you set it to refresh every 1 hour at 22 minutes after the hour would it run at 9:22, 10:22, 11:22, etc?

Hi @shakv, please don’t tag users on the forum unless you’re already in a conversation with them :slight_smile: We already monitor this forum each day. Tagging us just creates duplicate notifications for us to sort through.

Refreshes happen on the hour. Whether you set the refresh schedule at 22 minutes past or 42 minutes past, it will try to refresh around 00 minutes.

1 Like

Noted. Thanks for letting me know.
Also, thank you for the response.

When I press refresh every1 hour, it turns “blue” saying it will refresh. When I reload the page though, the blue light disappears. Is it still on a refresh timer every 1 hour?
@jesse

What turns blue?

The refresh schedule is displayed towards the lower left of the screen.

clarifying this is a public dashboard with a query parameter
top right is what I’m seeing (this is missing in the public version)

No that refresh is performed by the browser. If the browser tab closes then it won’t refresh. It’s meant for displays and wallboards.

There’s currently no mechanism to automatically refresh a dashboard, only queries.

so I can put a refersh on the query itself, and it will refresh in the dashboard automatically?

When you load a dashboard, the most recently cached query data is shown. If you refresh the query and then reload the dashboard, the latest data will show.