Update to version 8.0.0.0

Well, it LOOKS like it’s upgraded - but it doesn’t. Worked OK during last upgrade. Using official Redash Docker image on AWS.

Did a reboot and everything, but my dashboard still says 7.0.0+b18042

Very often fails to restart after update and needs a reboot.

ubuntu@ip-xx-xx-xx:/opt/redash$ sudo docker-compose stop server scheduler scheduled_worker adhoc_worker
Stopping redash_scheduled_worker_1 ... done
Stopping redash_scheduler_1        ... done
Stopping redash_adhoc_worker_1     ... done
Stopping redash_server_1           ... done
ubuntu@ip-xx-xx-xx:/opt/redash$ sudo docker-compose run --rm server manage db upgrade
Starting redash_redis_1    ... done
Starting redash_postgres_1 ... done
[2019-11-13 17:50:45,983][PID:1][INFO][root] Generating grammar tables from /usr/lib/python2.7/lib2to3/Grammar.txt
[2019-11-13 17:50:46,007][PID:1][INFO][root] Generating grammar tables from /usr/lib/python2.7/lib2to3/PatternGrammar.txt
[2019-11-13 17:50:47,898][PID:1][INFO][root] Latest version: 8.0.0 (newer: True)
[2019-11-13 17:50:48,512][PID:1][INFO][alembic.runtime.migration] Context impl PostgresqlImpl.
[2019-11-13 17:50:48,513][PID:1][INFO][alembic.runtime.migration] Will assume transactional DDL.
ubuntu@ip-xx-xx-xx:/opt/redash$ sudo docker-compose up -d
redash_redis_1 is up-to-date
redash_postgres_1 is up-to-date
Starting redash_scheduled_worker_1 ... done
Starting redash_adhoc_worker_1     ... done
Starting redash_server_1           ... done
Starting redash_scheduler_1        ... done
redash_nginx_1 is up-to-date
ubuntu@ip-xx-xx-xx:/opt/redash$ sudo service supervisor restart all

docker-compose.yml

ersion: '2'
x-redash-service: &redash-service
  image: redash/redash:latest
  depends_on:
    - postgres
    - redis
  env_file: /opt/redash/env
  restart: always
services:
  server:
    <<: *redash-service
    command: server
    ports:
      - "5000:5000"
    environment:
      REDASH_WEB_WORKERS: 4
  scheduler:
    command: scheduler
    environment:
      QUEUES: "celery"
      WORKERS_COUNT: 1
  scheduled_worker:
    command: worker
    environment:
      QUEUES: "scheduled_queries"
      WORKERS_COUNT: 1
  adhoc_worker:
    command: worker
    environment:
      QUEUES: "queries"
      WORKERS_COUNT: 2
  redis:
    image: redis:3.0-alpine
  postgres:
    image: postgres:9.5.6-alpine
    env_file: /opt/redash/env
    volumes:
      - /opt/redash/postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/data
  nginx:
    image: redash/nginx:latest
    ports:
      - "80:80"
    depends_on:
      - server
    links:
      - server:redash

Can you provide access to AMI with redash:7.0.0.b18042? I checked from AWS and could find only 5 and 8

There wasn’t one. By images I was referring to Docker images.

Roger, then I take AMI with 5 and upgrade to 7 via 6, replace DB and upgrade to 8?

Or build 7 from scratch on clean machine

Is there a third option? Could I build my own tarball? And if so how would I do that… I assume you used to do that every time from ver1 to 7.

Ok so Ive been testing out how to do this and I cant seem to get it to work. I tried for somthing close to the first option by trying to create a local vm to test it all out. I wont be bulding on a It’s a new ubuntu 18 instalation with nothing else on it.

I created the vm and copied the setup.sh file to the server. I edited the setup.sh to commented out
“sudo docker-compose run --rm server create_db
sudo docker-compose up -d”
I then ran the setup.sh and it all seemd to work. I edited the docker-compose.yml and changed redash:8.0.0.b32245 to redash:7.0.0.b18042.
I ran the docker-compose commands above to start the v7 instance.
Next I stoped all the docker containers and only restarted the redash_postgres_1 container.

So now I can import my old db, to do this I did the following:
sudo docker exec -i redash_postgres_1 dropdb postgres -U postgres
sudo docker exec -i redash_postgres_1 createdb postgres --owner=postgres -U postgres
sudo docker exec -i redash_postgres_1 psql -d postgres -U postgres < ~/backup.sql

I stoped the redash_postgres_1 container and restarted them all: sudo docker-compose up -d

I should now have a v7 docker running with my data from my non docker system. I can now acccess the server in the browser and my dashboard are there (but not working) but none of my queries will open. The queries are listed but when I click on them I get " It seems like we encountered an error. Try refreshing this page or contact your administrator."

My datasources are also missing so I tried to add them again - no joy. When I try and add a datasource (MySQL) I get a mesage telling me that a datasource with that name already exists. No matter what name I use I get the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

I cant upgrade to 8 till I get the docker working on 7 with my non docker data. I now understand a lot mor about dockers (but i still hate them).